Monday Mixtape: Girl Power
It’s not women’s month but it’s a nice idea to feature some of the best songs from my favorite talented female artists. It ranges from the classic Madonna to blues and jazzy Amy Winehouse. Their talent made history in the field of music and grabbed the attention of various award-giving bodies. These women have interesting voices and sounds and they produce excellent lyrical content as well.
Because it’s a subjective playlist, don’t expect to hear some Beyonce or Taylor Swift tracks here. They’re good, actually, and I listen to them occasionally. However, their music didn’t made an impact to musical taste. Let’s just say, I don’t listen to them that much.
Check them out, folks:
1. Corinne Bailey Rae – Trouble Sleeping
2. Norah Jones – Nearness of You
3. Fiona Apple – Criminal
4. Feist – The Limit to Your Love
5. Gwen Stefani – 4 in the Morning
6. Amy Winehouse – Valerie
7. Vanessa Carlton – Pretty Baby
8. Lianne La Havas – Elusive
9. Michelle Branch – One of These Days
10. Joss Stone – Right to Be Wrong
11. Adele – He Won’t Go
12. Sarah Mclachlan – Adia
13. Janet Jackson – Let’s Wait Awhile
14. Madonna – Take A Bow
15. Gloria Estefan – Words Get in the Way
16. Carole King – It’s Too Late
17. Stacie Orrico – I’m Not Missing You
So, if you want to listen continuously, hit the Grooveshark playlist.
Feel free to add your favorite female artists and their song on the comment section. 🙂
More From Our Site
Wandering mind. Exercising her feet sometimes for travel. Moderate coffee drinker. 90’s music fan. Film enthusiast. Sleepy.