12 Awesome Lessons Video Games Taught Me About Life
Being a gamer for 15 years does have its perks. I’ve already cast thousands of fire spells, single-handedly destroyed gods from Greek mythology and even saved the universe a few dozen times. It’s like having an amazing adventure. The only catch is that instead of a sword, I’m holding a game controller.
What’s great about video games is that it makes me feel like I’m in control of my own destiny. Sure, there’s still a plot to follow but creating my game character’s build, choosing how I’ll interact with NPCs (non-player character) and deciding which loot to keep are more often than not, up to me, the player.
Furthermore, there are also some valuable life lessons I learned from playing video games. In fact, I’ve decided to share 12 of them right here.
1. Starting from the bottom is pretty much normal.
2. Choosing a class is VERY IMPORTANT in the long run.
3. Allocating time for character building is a must.
4. Learning how to grind and level up is the key to surviving when the game gets tough.
5. Defeating bosses is easier when I have a balanced party.
6. Failing a quest isn’t necessarily bad. It actually makes me a better player.
7. Being mindful of the loot that I’m going to keep will make me a better player.
8. Taking detours from time to time is good because I might miss a sparkling treasure chest.
9. Talking to as many people as I can will reveal interesting secrets (one of them might even have an important sidequest).
10. Saving is essential for retaining my progress.
11. Backtracking will reveal hidden passages and items not accessible in the first run.
12. Giving up is not an option! My princess might be on another castle.
Gaming has taught me so much. I wouldn’t end up as the person I am today if it weren’t for video games. Why not try it out and experience an awesome adventure yourself. GAME ON!
P.S. A little reminder from the awesome denizens of Doki-Doki Universe. (insert P.S. image below)
About the Contributor:
Joselito Martin, or Jose (obviously), is a certified gamer who can write game reviews but too lazy to start the first sentence. A dog lover and CARA (Community Animal Rescue and Adoption) Volunteer. This man is a song-writer wannabe and well, a hopeless romantic.
Photo credit: [cheatcc.com + iv1.lisimg.com + lparchive.org + grandtextauto.org + blogspot.com]