Canada’s favorite coffee house, Tim Hortons, is finally opening on February 28, Tuesday, at the Uptown Place Mall in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. Last Friday, Manillenials had the chance to cover the media launch of the world-renowned café and bakeshop. [Read more…]
To all the coffee junkies, Happy National Coffee Day!
Lipa City celebrates this special day every October 21 with the annual Coffee Festival. And just because we’re not in Lipa doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate today with a cup or two of our favorite drink.
Perk up, everyone! Today, September 29, we celebrate International Coffee Day. It is an annual event for the celebration and enjoyment of “coffee.” This day is also used to raise awareness for the plight of coffee growers and to promote fair trade coffee.
Many countries participate in this event, including our very own, Philippines. But we celebrate National Coffee Day on October 21, to showcase Lipa City in Batangas as the longstanding “Coffee Granary of the Philippines.”
International Coffee Day was first promoted in Japan and celebrated in 1983. The name “International Coffee Day” originates from the National Coffee Day in the United States. Since then, other countries such as China, Taiwan, Indonesia, etc., celebrate this event annually on different dates.
Hello fellow Manillennials!
It has been a difficult week for us because of Glenda, but we managed to survive. In case you are one of the people who missed our stories this week because of the rotating power outage, here are the stories you missed:
- 10 Must-Try Coffee Shops Around the Metro– What is the perfect partner for the rainy season? Coffee! And if you are a coffee lover, you’d love to visit these 10 coffee shops in Manila- raining or not.
- 7 Things I Wish to See in She’s Dating the Gangster Movie– We read the book, and we hope that they manage to give justice to the story of book. Here are what we want to see in this coming Kathniel movie.
- Unwritten Social Rules Every Pinoy Must Follow When Commuting– It is not just traffic that bugs us during our everyday commute to school or office. Sometimes it’s the people we encounter in the public transportation are the ones that irk us the most.
- 10 Years Later: Revisiting Cinemalaya’s Best Films– It is Cinemalaya’s 10th anniversary. We are optimistic and excited about this year’s movie but before that, let us look back that the past indie films we loved and enjoy.
- 5 W’s in Life That We Need to Keep in Mind– Becoming a better person can be easy. Sometimes it only takes this 5 W’s in life to be happy, contented, and successful in life.
What’s your favorite story from this week? What else do you want to see from us? Tell us in the comments below!
Coffee is one of things that complete my day. It makes me happy whenever I drink one. Since I started working, I learned to drink coffee most of the time. It is one way for me to de-stress, and it will be such a relief if I have a cup of coffee before starting my day or after having a tiring day at work.
As one who loves coffee very much, a cup of it in a day is not enough. There are times when I find myself asking for more, but I couldn’t. And. It. Is. So. Frustrating. I know that too much caffeine is bad for our health, still I couldn’t help it. The fact that I can’t resist the urge of wanting more coffee, I do think I am addicted to it. So yes, I am one with the caffeine addicts out there! However, I am limiting myself to one cup a day since I palpitate when I exceed my limit. It’s really sad when you want more coffee, but you can’t have more. (Ahhhhh)
For those who love coffee as much as I do, I am glad to share these 10 must-try coffee shops around the metro. If ever you find yourself near these places, try to visit them. They are not only a perfect place for great coffees, but also for experiencing a soothing ambiance.
Don’t just stick to mainstream coffee shops you’re used to. It’s time for you to explore and taste other exciting coffees too. Check out the following cafés now! [Read more…]