8 Favorite Quotes From The Fault in Our Stars
By now, you must have read John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars. Be it before or after the release of numerous trailers and other promotional materials, it’s difficult not to be intrigued with the movie. It’s everywhere, most prominently in your Facebook feed .
Though there’s a general consensus that books will always be better than movie adaptations, The Fault in Our Stars looks really promising.With a gorgeous cinematography and amazing soundtrack, it’s up to Shailene Woodly and Ansel Elgort to sweep us off our feet as Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters.
The book has beautiful prose and we can only wish that our favorite quotes will be included in the movie. It’s impossible to include everything, of course, but one can hope to hear that my favorite lines will be mentioned, too.
1. I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.
2. ” It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”
3. I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
4. “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world…but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”
5. “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”
6. “Maybe ‘okay’ will be our ‘always.'”
7. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.
8. “I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity.”
Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters made us believe in little infinities and pain that demands to be felt. They also made us cry buckets in the books. I’m also pretty sure that they’ll do the same in the movies.
The Fault in Our Stars premieres on June 5 in Philippine cinemas. In the meantime, let’s play the trailers on repeat.
What are your favorite quotes from the book? Spazz with us in the comments!
[Image credit: Thefaultinourstarsmovie.com]